Hello,
As many of you know I live with one of my brothes, TJ. On this Friday, mid-afternoon, he is getting ready to leave for a two week back home in California. As he was packing he had me listen to this "Annoying Teenage Ring Tone". As we get older our hearing naturally diminishes, leaving the lower registered pitches easier to hear than the high ones. Some teenagers are using this common ailment for their advantage, using a ring tone that is one high pitched noise, so that in class they might receive text messages without the teacher knowing. Tricky! When I listened to this irratating sound, the tiny, mini hairs in my ears raised stiff. I am so glad that during my middle school/ high school years I was not tortured with such on goings.
Now, it will be interesting to see how much longer this goes on for. My sister and my dad both teach high school...I wonder if they can hear it?? =)
On a different note, I am extremely excited to start guitar lessons! I have been thinking about it for a while now, and I finally got the courage to find a teacher. I did my research, and spent a good amount of time searching for a good fit. I believe I have found a great person to start from. A lot of you know that I sing. And I realised that I wanted to have a more portable instrument to accompany myself. This is going to take a lot of work, I know. But music is like a language, you learn one and the next one is easier, and the next one even easier. Just having a strong base in music theory is going to help me so much. I am grateful for my parents for their willingness to sacrafice in order for me to pursue my musical desires. They have blessed my life and I am eternally grateful for their support.
3 comments:
Good luck with the guitar that sounds like it would be fun!
Allie
Thanks Allie!
Sounds like you are doing well, good luck with everything!
yay! you have a blog!
Post a Comment