Saturday, July 25, 2009

California Here I come...with some kids

So, I will be going home for a couple days and I am so excited! I decided to take two of my skaters down to my parents house for Alicia's Summer Figure Skating Intensive. We will be leaving on Saturday August 1 and staying till mid afternoon August 6. I really wanted to give the girls a great opportunity to train at another rink than the Peaks. We will do two freestyles starting at 5:45 AM, and three off-ice lessons daily. They will get to have private lessons each day as well as group instruction with my mom, coach Teri. My mom was in Utah about a month/two months ago for a technical specialist seminar, and she had the opportunity to be a guest teacher for about six of my students. They loved having her there and learning from her vast knowledge of the sport! Hina and Tiffani are busting at the seams to go. =) Their love of figure skating is amazing to see. I am grateful that they are able to come and share this adventure with me. I wish that all of my little students could go.

We will be going to Knott's Berry Farm on Saturday. The girls have already been to Disneyland many times, so we decided to go someplace new for them. Plus, Knott's is cheaper and it has an ICE SHOW!! My family and I went for Christmas and had a blast. I am looking forward to showing the girls the fine life here in California.

My dad is in town remodeling the master bathroom. It is quite the project. The old house has old plumbing that causes great headache. It will look amazing though when the boys finish in there. They have worked very hard and have had lots of problems along the way.

UPDATE:

Guitar lessons are going well. I feel like I am actually getting kind of better. I felt like suck a fish out of water for the first month and half. I played my first classical piece about two weeks ago, and it is lovely! Not my playing per-se, but the piece itself. I really think I would like to learn more finger styles, they are so pretty!

I hope that all your summers are going fantabulously! Please share any of your adventures with me. I love stories! God Bless you all on your endeavors.

3 comments:

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

Well, sounds like you've definitely been busy . . .Can I tell you how amazing you are? You are such a wonderful person and a great friend. Wow, I wish I could be just as good of coach you are . . .I miss my students :-( . . .Keep in touch with me, I miss our talks.

Anonymous said...

I love knott's! i remember when justine and i came to socal last year! justine couldn't go on the better rides bc hazel was still inside of her!

love ya!

Britta said...

Have fun back home! I think that is awesome that you are doing that for your students. I miss you! Keep in touch!